[Politics/World News] The Podcaste: #TopTenTuesday | Episode 6 – Iran
Link 1 /
Gun breaks down 10 of the misconceptions that Americans, both Democrat and Republican have regarding The Islamic Republic of Iran.
iTunes | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Vine
♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ● ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ● ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ● ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ● ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
I’ve tried to stay apolitical with the #TopTenTuesday episodes, but in honor of my favorite director Mania Akbari, my professors who were refugees of the Iranian Revolution, the continuing “revolution” and the Iran Iraq war, Sgt. Kurosh of the US Army and author Reza Kahlili.
Top Ten Misconceptions about Iran
1. D Iranians are black or Arab
– Caucasian, Persian
2. R/D They Speak Arabic
3. D Iran always was a very conservative Islamic country
– Under the Shah the culture more emulated western, specifically French style and fashion
4. D Iran is now a Democracy.
– The democracy at the highest levels is a show. True reform candidates are not allowed to run and if they are in some respect allowed to run, they won’t win. The Ayatollah runs the country and picks the leader.
5. R/D Iran started the Arab spring. *facepalm*
6. D America installed the Shah.
7. D The IRI did bad stuff but they’ve changed and now they’re reasonable.
– You might read the book “A time to betray” and think, well, that was a couple decades ago, I’m sure they fine now.
– They are making WMDs
– They HAVE NOT claimed their Nuclear is for peace, that’s all coming from OUR GOVERNMENT
– They continue to support Terrorists both inside and outside of Iran
8. R Iran supports ISIS
– Islamic Republic of Iran does not support the Islamic State, IRI is Shia and IS Sunni, they fight, they are currently fighting against each other on multiple fronts.
9. D Iran, since they fight ISIS, are good guys and we have more in common with them the differences.
– We in America are a multi-cultural, socially liberal Democratic Republic, which means even our “Conservative” politicians are still pro-freedom of speech and religious freedom since those concepts were in the founding of our country. IRI is a Theocracy, Remember, the first I in IRI is Islamic- just like Islamic state, but as I pointed out before, they are a different kind of Muslim Theocracy, so that why they butt heads, it’s NOT because, like us they want freedom and civil rights to all, it’s because of hyper-conservative religious reasons, not to mention the baser concepts of territory and defense. They have a ZION FORCE (Neruye Quds) which is a special fighting force who’s ultimate goal is in their name, the Muslim religious term for Jerusalem. To put that in perspective, Israel actual is where Jerusalem is and are predominantly Jewish yet THEY DON’T HAVE A “ZION” FORCE, and haven’t since the time of the British Army Occupation.
10. D Islamic Republic of Iran should have all Iranian assets because they are the country
– this is not the government of Iran that had any friendly ties with, this is a criminal government. “The Revolution” wasn’t what American’s think a revolution is these days, a few protests and then voting in somebody you like- no, it was a REAL and BLOODY Revolt that put the Ayatollah’s government in power