I left in all the audio issues we had at the beginning, the audio is rough, I think Google dropped the audio quality on their recordings, so we’re going to have to get creative on getting quality recordings from here on out.
You’d be hard pressed to find someone more involved in the Asian community in DC, or in DC as a whole than Christian Oh. Christian is a part of every element of DC, organizing events for local charities and non-profits, promoting artists and standing up for Asian and Pacific Islander identity. Here’s just a little of what he’s involved with:
Christian is proud to manage the talent of a strong Asian-American female voice Heesun Lee. She has lived a uniquely American life with a multitude of influences being adopted into a Chinese American family and listening to her favorite US hip hop artists growing up. Her diverse influences and experience makes her tagline: “Breaking Stereotypes” all the more real, as she encourages listeners to follow their passions.
Christian explains how he met Simon Tam and the Slants at their beginnings at Anime Conventions and his work with artists through http://kollaboration.org/
K-Pop Event – June 24th – Eden Lounge
July 22nd – K-Pop Expo
GI Film Festival
Thursday Raw at Howard Theater
The Food we talked about:
Chef Evelyn Bunoan’s
POM (Philippine Oriental Market & Deli)
3610 Lee Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22207
Open Tuesday through Sunday: 10:30AM–4:30PM
Tech and Gun are joined by Dr. Jason Arthur Taylor to discuss some real news stories. What does the old lady shooting down a drone mean for property rights and technological evolution? Hillary’s use of “Bleachbit” shows intent, but what was she hiding and did hackers get the goods before she could delete? Does Uber just straight up hate people? Should the government vet immigrants by social media? Listen to the lively volley!
1. Not getting responses from Advertising
2. Getting responses from Advertising personally, verbally but no purchase or RSVP
3. Getting a confirmed RSVP without a ticket purchase, Did they forget? Do they think it’s free?
4. Trying to figure out if you should continue advertising or if you might have a full house.
5. People who show up last minute skewing your catering numbers
6. People who paid but don’t show up
7. Speakers who don’t show up
8. Technical difficulties
9. Awesome turnout when you weren’t expecting that at all
10. Having the wrong ammount of food.